Thursday, July 14, 2011

I'm Pretty Sure Casey Anthony Caused My Migraine

Another migraine!  Gads.  When I was younger I'd get migraines more frequently, but they only lasted one day.  I get them less often now -- it's been about seven months since my last one -- but they seem to take forever to go away.

This one started last Saturday, and was held at bay somewhat through use of pain pills/frozen washcloths/sleeping in a cool dark quiet room/massage.   It never completely got its hooks into me (by which I mean I never puked and was able to move about for at least a little every day) but it was bad enough to basically ruin a perfectly good weekend.  I went back to work on Monday, and probably shouldn't have.  
 
I did have to go a few days without writing, and I broke my streak.  That's okay, I'll just have to start a whole new streak now that it's finally gone.
 
Despite the migraine setback, I have still managed to re-watch all of the Harry Potter movies, from the Sorcerer's Stone through the Deathly Hallows part 1, and I also re-read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
 
I've never done the midnight movie release thing, but since this is the last one ever I decided to go for it, and I bought my tickets weeks ago for the 12:20am show tonight/tomorrow morning.  Woo hoo!   I'm hoping to see a lot of kids (maybe some adults?) dressed up in costumes.  I'm ridiculously excited about it.  I've already warned Greg that I will need at least a half an hour immediately after the movie to explain to him everything they left out or screwed up in the movie.

If the movie starts at ~12:30 and runs for 2 hours and 5 minutes, it'll be nearly 3:00am by the time we get home.  I am so going to take a nap this afternoon...

3 comments:

  1. My daughter and I went to the last Harry Potter opening at midnight, and it was perfect to see it that way. I'm glad we did, because she's at camp for this release, and we can't go together this time. Glad we had one midnight opening. I will be thinking of you, and who knows, I might be at a midnight showing myself! excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure the endless TV coverage of that trial caused more than a few migraines. Sounds like you got a doozy... I hope the movie will cure it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really was a lot of fun to go to the midnight show, Angella! I kind of regret not doing it before. I really liked this movie, I know you will too.

    Deborah, it was (and still is) completely inescapable here in Orlando, and I don't even watch the news. Luckily my migraine is gone now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!