Saturday, November 6, 2010

I Am Sick And Can't Think Of A Title

You know what's NOT a Halloween tradition?  Me getting the flu.

At least I hope it's not, we'll see what happens next year, I guess.

I did watch The Exorcist with my husband, and I have to admit, I had forgotten what a truly brilliant movie it is.  Which, of course, is why it's so terrifying.  It's haunting, days later snippets would pop back up in my head at random times.

I had forgotten the poignant, heartbreaking moments with elderly people, which is a sore point on my heart.  Just a little moment like when Father Karras' mother strokes his face, so clearly happy to see him, breaks my heart a bit.  And then when he has to leave her in the terrifying nursing home, it's weepingly tragic.

Anyway, despite the movie haunting me, I was able to sleep.  For a couple of nights, until I got sick.

I'm still sick, actually.  I'm sitting here right now, staring at the screen, trying to think of something to write, then my mind wanders away and I start to blink reeeeeally sloooowly.

Back to bed.  But no nightmares, just lotiony tissues.  No demons, just Mucinex and Nyquil.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, feel better, hon!

    Isn't it odd how those moments in movies that involve the elderly strike us anew. Now we know intimately what those moments feel like, because people we love absolutely are experiencing them.

    I'm glad your tradition didn't traumatize you. But maybe the sadness made your body get the flu. Rest up. Pamper yourself. We'll be here when you return.

    (Um, why is it telling me my comment has been saved before I sent it?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why you got a weird message about your comment, it looked perfectly normal. ?

    Thanks for the well wishes. I did try to get a lot of rest, and Greg took good care of me. Mom says I need to get a flu shot next September :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!