Monday, June 26, 2006

Food... Again...

A few more pounds, and I will have lost a total of 30. I kept a few pairs of jeans/shorts/tops from when I was skinnier, and it's fun to go through them to see what fits now. I'm 2 sizes smaller, and I think by the time I'm at -30 I'll be 3 sizes smaller.

I needed to lose 53 pounds to get down to my healthy goal weight, so I am right around halfway there. I know that making a permanent change to eat healthier and get some excercise is the best way to lose weight and not gain it all right back again, but it sure is taking a freaking long time to lose weight. I've been at this now for 6 months.

It's been 6 months since I've flopped down in front of the tv and hadsalt & vinegar potato chips and coke for dinner, or ordered fried shrimp, or baked buttery biscuits, or had a Dove bar...

I love our cheat meals, though. I appreciate decadent food so much more now that I'm not eating it all the time. (I really need to plan a potato chips/coke cheat night sometime soon.) Yesterday we went to a buffet, which is automatically a bad idea because buffets always make me feel like I should eat as much as I can without actually dying. They had great southern food, though -- stewed tomatoes and okra, chicken and dumplings, meat loaf, mashed potatoes, green beans cooked with ham, banana puddin'... Not that I ate all of that, of course... just giving examples... I don't think I'll be hungry again until sometime on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!