Friday, July 29, 2011

Result

Well, my test results were supposed to be in yesterday, so I called the office only to find my doctor is on vacation!  For heaven's sake, who approved that, when I am waiting for my results?

Anyway, the nurse could tell I was kind of anxious, and basically told me without telling me that my blood test showed that I do not have a thyroid problem.  That's kind of a relief, but that means I still don't know why my hair is falling out all over the place.

The doctor had told me that if it turned out not to be a thyroid issue I should start taking Biotin, which I'd never heard of before but apparently is a type of vitamin B.  I started taking that yesterday, and I also got around 4" cut off my hair; it's shoulder-length now and the shorter length makes it look a lot less thin.

Next week I'll talk to the doctor and get all the official test results, including whether or not I have arthritis.

In the meantime, it's Friday (yay!) and this weekend we plan to:  take several big bags of old clothes to Goodwill, take aluminum cans to the recycling center, go have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory using a gift card a lovely friend gave Greg for his birthday, and go see Captain America.

Last weekend I redesigned my blog a bit, while keeping the same header because, if I do say so myself, it's super.  I added several pages, let me know how you like it!

3 comments:

  1. glad your thyroid is okay. i love you new pages, and can't wait to read your novels when you finish them! i love that you made a page to explain the blog's name, too. Now you just need a page for your digital art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biotin, 5000mg variety. It's a naturally occurring something in your body. Take one a day, it helps naturally retain your hair so it doesn't fall out in clumps. Gretchen took it for a spell before she got pregnant and then a couple weeks after Beckett was born. During her pregnancy her hair filled out due to all the hormonal changes her body was going through because of the pregnancy.

    Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angella, it didn't occur to me to do a digital art page, thanks for the suggestion!

    Eddie, that's good to know that it helped Gretchen. My doctor told me to start off with 1,000 mcg a day and increase weekly until I get to 5,000 a day. I hope it helps :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!